Förderjahr 2018 / Project Call #13 / ProjektID: 3480 / Projekt: SoniControl 2.0
We are pleased to announce that the updated version of our SoniControl firewall was released on the Google Play Store!
The new version includes novel features like:
• An algorithm that recognizes the type of message and the protocol behind.
• Novel visualization and sonification features to make the detected signals visible and hearable. This is essential to build trust in the firewall i.e. to show what was actually detected.
• An option to share detections via a server for detailed diagnostics and to support other users.
• A feasibility study that evaluates ways to port SoniControl to iOS
• Comprehensive bug fixing and improved stability
• Comprehensive update of user and developer documentation
• A new consolidated app version that includes all developed functionality, i.e. SoniControl 2.0.
Beyond the planned goals of the project, we achieved the following additional goals:
• A component to download and integrate firewall rules from other users to the own phone to leverage detections made already by other users.
• A complete refit of the user interface of the application for improved usability
You can download or update it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.ac.fhstp.sonicontrol
The code can be seen and downloaded at this address: https://github.com/fhstp/SoniControl
And the updated documentation (user and developer) is on our website, under documentation.
We are looking forward to your feedback!